current position：Home>Google said its employees had no right to protest the company's right to choose customers
Google said its employees had no right to protest the company's right to choose customers
2021-08-31 06:09:46 【TechWeb】
Beijing time. 8 month 25 Morning news , As report goes , US Internet giant Google told an American judge , The company's employees do not have the legal right to protest the company's choice of users . The judge is ruling on whether the company's dismissal of activists violates the National Labor Relations Act .
before , National Labor Relations Commission （National Labor Relations Board） The prosecutor charged Alphabet Inc. Our subsidiary violates federal law , Illegally fired five more radical rights defenders . Three of the workers complained as early as then US President Donald · trump （Donald Trump） The period was rejected , According to their lawyer , This is because agency prosecutors believe that their opposition to Google's cooperation with immigration law enforcement is not protected by law . But in Joe · Biden （Joe Biden） After the president fired and replaced the general counsel of the labor Commission , The decision was overturned .
Google lawyer al · Latham （Al Latham） At the Labor Committee on Tuesday （Labor Board） Said in a court hearing that ：“ Even if Google terminated employee protests because of the dispute — Protest against the choice of the company's customers — No violation of the law .”
In the past four years , Google has been deeply involved in the wave of employee rights protection . These rights protection employees are constantly in the treatment of subcontracting employees 、 Handling of sexual harassment , And challenge management on issues such as signing cooperation contracts with CBP . Some laid-off employees have obtained internal information , And circulated a petition .
Google denies wrongdoing , In a statement on Monday, it said , Company encouragement “ Open discussion and exchange of arguments ”, But some employees were fired because they violated the data security policy . Google's lawyer told the judge on Tuesday ：“ Google fired these employees not because of their protests , But because in the course of their protest , They got highly confidential information they didn't have access to .”
The federal labor law prohibits retaliation for collective actions related to employees' working conditions , But the specific scope of this protection has been widely debated for decades . Biden's appointed official said , Their interpretation of the bill is much deeper than that of their predecessors in the trump era .
Latham said , At the establishment of the Labor Committee 80 In the year , He has not found any case that employees have the right to protest “ Employer's choice of customers ”.
He said ：“ The protest that took place here is not seeking to improve the employment conditions of employees , But a purely political protest , Trying to take advantage of Google's government contracts , Or potential government contracts as leverage .”
However, according to the Labour Council prosecutor 7 Complaint documents issued in January , Google has violated the law by preventing employees from engaging in rights protection activities protected by the law .
In addition to obtaining confidential information about Google's cooperation with CBP and disseminating a petition , Allegedly punishing Google employees also includes creating Google forms , Help colleagues express concerns about working conditions ; Organize protests at company premises ; Modify the code , In order to pop up a window on labor law rights when employees visit some websites .
In the opening statement on behalf of the general counsel of the labour Commission , Attorney Tracy · Clarke （Tracy Clark） Express , Google's stated commitment to ethics is the primary reason why rights employees choose to work at Google . She said , Employees will testify in court , Their organization “ It's based on Google ‘ Don't do evil ’ Commitment , And their own desire to maintain a safe working environment for their colleagues and communities affected by the trump administration's border policy ”.
author[TechWeb],Please bring the original link to reprint, thank you.
The sidebar is recommended
- What does Kwai do certification mean?
- What are the advantages of Kwai certification?
- Difference between Kwai master account and authentication
- Cool group had a net loss of HK $238 million in the first half of 2021, and Jia Yueting and other former directors were condemned by the Hong Kong stock exchange
- Global chip shortage intensifies Bosch executives: semiconductor supply chain in automotive industry has collapsed
- Due to strong demand, Ford plans to double the output target of F-150 lightning in 2024
- The sequel to "gongdou" of Shuanghui Shuanghui's development of employees: after raising funds to help the enterprise MBO succeed, it was "demoralized and killed by some management"
- McDonald's UK suspended milkshake due to supply chain problems
- Samsung's lawsuit against Huawei was rejected again
- What Kwai Fu certification is for service providers?
guess what you like
How to promote Kwai Fu enterprise number
How do Kwai certified promoters do it?
Xiaomi responded to abandoning the MI brand: there is no saying to stop using the MI brand
LG: 42 inch OLED TV will be postponed to 2022
Text classification of small samples: Interpretation of super dry goods. Don't say you don't understand capsule network after reading it
Dataworks data modeling - package data model management solution
Kwai Flink based real time digital warehouse practice
Li Shufu establishes Geely Thanksgiving partnership in Ningbo
National energy conservation publicity Week opens sharing single car travel to help cities reduce carbon
What are the Kwai certification privileges?
- Kwai LAN blue V invitation code for what use?
- Is Kwai certified promoters high commission?
- Chinese Ambassador writes to tan Desai
- "I'm coming to nvgao. I'm not afraid of anything!"
- Will Kwai LAN V become more popular after certification?
- The CSRC requires Chinese companies listed in the United States to disclose more information
- 7 necessary Karaoke software sharing for smart box, so that you can sing at home
- Recommend a particularly easy-to-use flow chart drawing software
- Extremely underestimated SaaS leader, why did Inspur International's share price suddenly soar?
- TV home is a treasure TV live app! Smart TV how to watch TV channel TV home is OK
- Fun clip video editing app
- "Don't ask, just believe"?!
- UK auto production in July fell 37.6% year-on-year, a 65 year low
- Is pinduoduo's second quarter earnings too weak?
- Hoarding nearly 500 million doses of new coronal vaccine and engaging in political manipulation by tracing the source of the virus... The United States has become a stumbling block to the fight against the epidemic all over the world
- Apple is accused of stealing trade secrets: copying technology and digging at the foot of the wall
- Qiangmao announced a global sales agreement with MAOZe electronics
- Sa: vivo topped the list of 5g smartphone shipments in the Asia Pacific region for the first time in the second quarter
- Senior executives of Amazon AWS joined Microsoft, and Andy Jassy was a potential successor
- Ipad Mini 6 appearance details exposure: touch ID biometric side power key is used
- How to popularize the official account of education industry
- What is the Kwai Fu business number after certification?
- How to make short videos in industrial products industry?
- Rights after Kwai certification
- The classic battle of 65 times return cash out of 2.5 billion central enterprises in 6 years was born
- American retail investors are crazy about buying zhonggai shares! Weekly purchases soared to a five-year high
- Monthly live users decreased, the value of bitcoin plummeted, and metu lost 138 million in the first half of the year
- Impact of merchant number certification on Enterprises
- Haagen Dazs also "overturned"
- Gong Yu, CEO of iqiyi: the idol talent show and any off-site voting in the next few years have been cancelled
- Turn around? Huawei is licensed to buy hundreds of millions of dollars of auto chips in the United States
- The agency expects that Tesla has delivered more than 1.03 million model 3 by the end of the second quarter of this year
- Rookies open bonded goods warehouse delivery service, and imported goods can reach the next day
- A century of "discipline" recalling the miracle of steel discipline
- A business license can authenticate several business numbers
- Japanese electronics packaging company considers investing in TSMC's Japanese chip foundry
- Meituan affiliated company establishes a new company, and its business scope includes housekeeping services, etc
- Xiaopeng automobile's revenue in the second quarter was 3.761 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 536.7%
- Can I change my business license after the certification is Kwai Fu?
- Netdragon's net profit in the first half of 2021 is 430 million yuan, and it plans to start a US $300 million equity repurchase